Can engineers fix everything? Do you have to be a genius to become an engineer? Are all engineers boring white guys? Watch the short inspirational film from Mimi Isabella Nwosu below!
Mimi’s advice to individuals wanting to join the industry:
● Do your research (degree, apprenticeship, degree apprenticeship)
● Know your industry (current affairs, new technology)
● Expand your network (LinkedIn, networking events)
● Grasp all opportunities – Also create your opportunities, a wise person once said to me “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”.
● Set goals, however, don’t be too hard on yourself.
● Gain experience within your field (a year in industry, internships, work experience)
● Attend external conferences and lecturers on topics that interest you
● Keep your CV and cover letter updated (all experiences are valid)
● Be bold, be brave!
● It is ok to fail; failure could be the start of a new adventure